Sourgrass is known to the scientific world as Oxalis pes-caprae.
To gardeners this may be a weed but to hikers and campers.....this is a delicious snack! Although not indigneous to CA, sour grass can be found just about anywhere. A great spot for me to munch is directly in front of my college dorm. I pick up a handful of this stuff to chow down every day! Although the flowers are edible, the most flavorful part of sourgrass is the stem. When you chew on the stem, a sour juice spills into your mouth and gives a sensation much like WarHeads candy. Some people swallow the stem, but the texture freaks me out so i usually just spit it out. There's fields of this stuff everywhere, just look for the super long bright green stems and bright yellow flowers!
Known spot of sourgrass - Sunset Cliffs in front of Point Loma Nazarene University. (San Deigo, CA)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades